Spear-Line Cape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive!

5 posters

Go down

Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive! Empty Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive!

Post  Bringel Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 am

Here is a useful tips to prevent getting sun burnt.

Take some aspirin. Aspirin can really stop a sunburn in its tracks if taken early enough. It can reduce the swelling and redness in the skin, as well as alleviate the worst of the pain. For best effects, the aspirin should be taken every few hours on the first day of the sunburn. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen work in similar ways, but they are not as effective at slowing down the pure mechanism of the sunburn itself.

So now not only putting on cream will help try this!!
Bringel
Bringel

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive! Empty Re: Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive!

Post  eckart Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:41 am

interesting... I just try and avoid the sun...
eckart
eckart

Breath Hold : 0

http://freedivers.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive! Empty Re: Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive!

Post  Bringel Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 am

Jip true but we tend to stand in the sun while getting out of our gear and chatting and aspirin just helps with that as it prevents swelling and redness of the skin and im fair skin and burn almost instantly when in the sun lol and thanks eckart for the help with the dvd and gear!! dvd is awesome
Bringel
Bringel

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive! Empty Get a Hat

Post  henry.g Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:43 am

I've got myself one of those big floppy "cricket" hats. It rolls up easily and stored in my goody-bag during the dive. Afterwards I just shake out most of the water and then wear it on the walk back. It might look silly and have a faint odour de cray , but having fair skin, its much better than 1st degree skin cancer.

henry.g

Back to top Go down

Post  eckart Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 am

can never be too careful!
eckart
eckart

http://freedivers.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  paddyo Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 am

aspirin works better because it has anti-inflammatory properies as well as pain killing (paracetamol does not) but what works even better for me is a topical antiinflammatory gel such as voltaren - the powerful antiinflammatory takes a lot of the redness and pain away

paddyo

Back to top Go down

Useful tip to prevent sunburn after a dive! Empty sunburn

Post  calla Sun May 26, 2013 4:59 am

My doctor prescribed voltaren for mi sunburn and if you do not have vinegar helps aswell sunny

calla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down