Spear-Line Cape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spearfishing DVDs

3 posters

Go down

Spearfishing DVDs Empty Spearfishing DVDs

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:40 am

When the wind blows or there is a lot of swell around, its nice to have a few nice spearing dvds to pass the time. Over the last few years I have bought quite a few and I have a small collection going. Yesterday I purchased spearvision from Eckart... It is quite a nice dvd and informative about the Durban waters, the guys shoot some serious cob and it shows loads of undersea life. I do think the creators could have shown some more game fish and hunting techniques, but all in all a nice video for the collection. I have ordered OneFish from Eckart which looks like it is going to be an awesome production.

What videos do you guys have and what do you think of them?
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

Spearfishing DVDs Empty Re: Spearfishing DVDs

Post  Bear Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:09 am

Ive only watched a version of African Spearfishing Diaries. I think vol 1. It boggled my mind, very cool shots and quite informative of bigger game spearing
Bear
Bear

Breath Hold : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:11 am

From what I gather, there is a gap in the market when it comes to colder water spearing DVDs, such as in Cape Town waters. A good idea to those with decent Cameras and a lot of time on their hands
Bear
Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 am

I watched one about New Zealand Spearfishing called Wild Blue, it was pretty similar to our scenario. Loads of bugs and perlies! They also venture off to some of the Islands (Three Kings and White Island) to shoot some monster yellowtail.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Spearfishing DVDs Empty dvd's

Post  spearouys Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 pm

FishingTaylor why don't you and guys with decent footage create something with it?
spearouys
spearouys

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

It would be an awesome idea, I wish I had the cash to purchase decent video cameras and other equipment... it would be a nice project! You could film Shore diving (Crayfish, Galjoen, Hotties, Roman etc), Inshore (Chasing Tail) and Offshore (Longfin and Yellowfin), could also be very informative.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Many people have no idea how many marlin are lurking in the waters off Struis, I fished the Marlin Comp there in Feb 2008 and it was ridiculous how many people were seeing marlin in the spread and many were caught, we had a few strikes but never managed to land any. We saw loads though, none of us had any marlin experience then so we didn't really know the drill.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Maybe even a crayfish DVD? It could have a horror theme with music from 'Alien'? just a though lol alien
Bear
Bear

Back to top Go down

Spearfishing DVDs Empty One Fish

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Good news, the One Fish dvd is almost ready to go on sale, I got this email earlier today:

One Fish

Hi there All

The long awaited One Fish Spearfishing DVD is finally ready. We will be celebrating the with our sponsors and partners the release of the dvd on Saturday night the 6th of November at the Catalina Theater in Durban.

This is going to be a highlight on the South African spearfishing social calender, and one not to be missed. The evening promises some of the most intense and thrilling spearfishing action ever seen on a big screen. To top it off Lowrance have a GPS and Rob Allen have some amazing kit to give away on the evening. There is also a bar area and cocktails that will be served after the film, so come dressed up and ready for a great evening out.

There are only a limited number of seat still available, so go and book your spot at the Grand Premier of One Fish. Go book your seat Now : Catalina Theater

I have personally seen some of the footage and it is insane! It is honestly the best production by far and not to be missed

Shaun

So if you are in the Durban area and have nothing better to do, why not attend and give us a good report back... you may also win one of the prizes.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Spearfishing DVDs Empty Good Times

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:09 am

I bought this dvd a few months ago, mainly a dvd about Mozambique, very informative. It is definitely the best spearfishing dvd I have watched so far, try get your hands on a copy... you won't be sorry!
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:11 am

Here is a short clip, from the creators of "Good Times", I don't remember seeing this clip in the dvd. It is sure to make you jealous during this horrible weather! Definitely worth a watch though.

Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down