Spear-Line Cape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Reports?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any Reports? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Reports?

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 am

No joy at Robben yesterday, water had cooled slightly and the fish were too skittish to approach. We were out the water by 10. Went for a dive with the cow sharks later in the day, also a little disappointing as there weren't that many around. I did manage to see a bank steenbras there though.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Are you diving the southern reefs at Robben island?
Bear
Bear

Breath Hold : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:17 am

Yes we were, but we had to be back on the slip by 10am so couldn't give it our best effort. It was still really difficult to get anywhere near the shoals. I managed to hook 1 fish on a spinner, but that is it.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 am

Oh, I fished buffels today for snoek, plenty there! We had up to 60's a man very quickly.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Maurice Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am

I saw there were a lot of boats out when I drove to the point. I stopped at Buffel's slip briefly to check temperature. Didn't feel too bad. 15? Viz at Black Rocks looked great, but I was set on heading Atlantic side. Glad I did. Had a quick peek at the Krans, also looked nice. Went down to South West, thought it looked too clean, and headed back to Pappies. Water warm but very dirty on the inside, but swimming past the last breaking reef on the outside, behold, clear 10m+ viz and still warm. The big hottie are back. Lots of galjoen. Saw three shoals. Nothing of decent, shootable size though. Conditions were near perfect, except for the fish, but no worries. It's been a while since I've had water of that temperature to laze around in. Not long now.

Maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2