Spear-Line Cape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So where is everybody diving this weekend?!?

+2
Vaatjie
Bringel
6 posters

Go down

So where is everybody diving this weekend?!? Empty So where is everybody diving this weekend?!?

Post  Bringel Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:31 am

Hey guys Just want to know where everybody is planning on diving this wkend?? i might go on Sunday to Rooi els!! If you guys have any info to share to a Novice diver it will be greatly appreciated!!

afro
Bringel
Bringel

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

So where is everybody diving this weekend?!? Empty Locations

Post  Vaatjie Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 am

Yes Bringel

Rooi Els is doved out, we dived there 2 weeks ago.

I suggest to dive along the mountain. Stop at any of the parking areas and take a walk down.

you work hard for the crays but the are much bigger. About 10 - 12m deep.

Sweet, let us know how it goes.
Vaatjie
Vaatjie

Back to top Go down

So where is everybody diving this weekend?!? Empty Re: So where is everybody diving this weekend?!?

Post  greg Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 am

No idea what the water's gna be like this weekend...but hopefully Rondeklippe and off the mountain will be lekker. try those areas. Careful if the swell is up tho!
greg
greg

Breath Hold : 0

Back to top Go down

So where is everybody diving this weekend?!? Empty Re: So where is everybody diving this weekend?!?

Post  Spearkat Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:17 am

I really hope it starts clearing up on Campsbay side. Cant afford to drive to Rooi Els every weekend on a student budget. But i will add that it has always been worthwhile.
Spearkat
Spearkat

Breath Hold : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaatjie Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:48 am

Im over Rooi Els

Late in the season its a waste. Try next to the mountain.
Vaatjie
Vaatjie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bringel Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 pm

I know what you mean Spearkat?? its difficult driving everywhere to dive on a student budget Dam petrol prices lol!!! So where you diving this weekend cos im new to spearfishing and looking for some guys to dive with in the near future?? an vaatjie so saynext to the mountain, what spots or anywhere that looks good should i try?? bom
Bringel
Bringel

Back to top Go down

So where is everybody diving this weekend?!? Empty Spots

Post  Vaatjie Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Bringel

1. Join Blue Spearos, you will meet a lot of new guys. bluespearos@gmail.com
2. As you pass Kleinmond there is a lot of parking areas to your right next to the mountain. Try anyone of those.

Quite deep though, +-12m in some spots. But massive crays. affraid

Hope it helps
Vaatjie
Vaatjie

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 am

Tableview / Melkbos side = 1ft swell, viz not so lekker.
anybody manage to get a report from Hangklip side?
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Spearkat Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:01 am

Bringel wrote:I know what you mean Spearkat?? its difficult driving everywhere to dive on a student budget Dam petrol prices lol!!! So where you diving this weekend cos im new to spearfishing and looking for some guys to dive with in the near future?? an vaatjie so saynext to the mountain, what spots or anywhere that looks good should i try?? bom

Hi Bringel

Wish i could go diving this weekend but just got out of the hospital from a ear infection so can only dive again an about 6 weeks Sad
Spearkat
Spearkat

Breath Hold : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  danie Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:12 am

I checked this mornig from my side (Somerset west) and the sea looks k.. not good. Not sure the south easter is going to clear Betties/Kleinmond by the weekend. Anyway a bad dive is anyway beter than no dive.

danie

Back to top Go down

Post  zip Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:26 am

i so want to dive on Sunday

zip

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaatjie Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 am

If the Viz is bad I prefer to dive Atlantic side....at least no Johnnies to worry about!!

Might be heading up west coast.
Vaatjie
Vaatjie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down