Spear-Line Cape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intersting stuff about diving knifes

4 posters

Go down

intersting stuff about diving knifes Empty intersting stuff about diving knifes

Post  Bringel Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:28 am

Contrary to the diving movies, your knife isn’t going to be used to fend off aggressive sharks!! A spearo’s knife serves two basic functions, namely, to dispatch his catch as quickly, safely and humanely as possible and to cut himself free from any line or rope he might get entangled in. A smallish knife with a strong sharp point is what is required. Bulky knives are heavy and cumbersome and tend to hook onto kelp and your floatline and offers more water resistance.
Bringel
Bringel

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

intersting stuff about diving knifes Empty Re: intersting stuff about diving knifes

Post  Dieter Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Flat Knives with an elastisized sheath are the way to go in my opinion , they are streamline and stay way clear if you wear them on the inside of your calf or on the forearm.

We have some wicked knives guys , give us a shout and we will pop you an e-mail with somes pics and prices.
Dieter
Dieter

Breath Hold : 4

Back to top Go down

intersting stuff about diving knifes Empty Re: intersting stuff about diving knifes

Post  Bringel Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 pm

As a new spearo i have been looking at all the dive shops in the area for equipment and you guys are the cheapest by way far!!! and im just waiting to see my finances at the end of the month and then i will be contacting you guys for some help on equipment!!!! Thanks guys you have been a great help with info and gear!! Smile
Bringel
Bringel

Back to top Go down

Post  Dieter Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi There ,

Diving with the correct equipment makes life underwater a lot easier.

Dont let your finances get in the way of your essential dive equipment.( not easy for all to say , so here our answer)

As mentioned on another thread , we are here to help you guys wherever we can , so give us a call and we can come to an arrangment whereby you can renumerate us at month end. cheers

Hope this helps you out.
Dieter
Dieter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bringel Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you very much and i did read that on the one thread!! but im the type of guy that likes to pay up front for stuff and the gear i need can wait till the end on the month as im surviving without it lol Dont worry dieter you will be the first one i contact for stuff!!!
Bringel
Bringel

Back to top Go down

Post  Dieter Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:59 am

Look Forward to being able to help you then
Dieter
Dieter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bringel Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:56 am

Hey Dieter the line/ rope that you tie at the back of the gun as a clip, do you sell it and if not where can i find it please let me know!! Like a Star @ heaven
Bringel
Bringel

Back to top Go down

Post  Dieter Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:51 am

Hey Bringel ,

Yes we do sell it , just bring your gun in to us and we will fit a clip on as well

Dieter
Dieter
Dieter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bringel Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:37 am

Perfect!! Very Happy
Bringel
Bringel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:30 am

What's the 101 with knife sharpening, especially if the back of it is serrated?
Bear
Bear

Breath Hold : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:31 am

I go through knives at quite a pace, and I know that sharpening it will take off the rust-proof treatment. Do I just have to live with buying a knew knife everytime mine goes blunt?
Bear
Bear

Breath Hold : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishingtaylor01 Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:13 pm

I find that if I buy a good knife, I lose it before it goes blunt or has a chance to rust... I treat them as a consumable Crying or Very sad So if you do manage to keep one for long enough for it to rust, you can always soak it in some vinegar and the rust should come off with some elbow grease. To sharpen just use an oil stone.
Fishingtaylor01
Fishingtaylor01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down