Spear-Line Cape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to prevent shallow water black outs

2 posters

Go down

How to prevent shallow water black outs Empty How to prevent shallow water black outs

Post  Bringel Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 am

Hey guys

here are some points of how to prevent shallow water blackouts, shallow water black outs happen so fast and these little tips can help you to prevent it!!

1. do not hyperventilate - Use no more than 3 or 4 breathes.
2. Be aware that any strenuous exercise will limit you bottom time drastically - when you over work under water head to the surface much sooner than usual.
3. Recognize a dangerous situation when your mind starts to focus on a goal - and drop your weight belt
4. Treat your weight belts as a disposible item, if in doubt drop it. make sure you have a spare belt so that u dont hesitate to drop it!! your life is more important
5. Avoid endurance dives, if you must dive deep make sure you have a buddy on stand by on the surface
6. learn the basics of CPR and adapt them to your diving areana, whether shore or boat dives!

Hope this helps as safety first and this is a usual problem wiith beginners that try to have to dive like the more experienced guys!!
Bringel
Bringel

Breath Hold : 1

Back to top Go down

How to prevent shallow water black outs Empty Re: How to prevent shallow water black outs

Post  Dieter Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Another important fact is to RELAX , RELAX , RELAX,

if you are able to relax and set your mind aside of other things , you will be amazed at how much better you will dive , diving in a state of stress is extremely dangerous , you must get in the mood before your dive,

Surface intervals - this however differs from diver to diver.

if i dive down for a 1.30 seconds i will make my surface recovery time 3 x that , sometimes i even push my interval to 5 min.

This works wonders , as i am very relaxed again on my next down.

Even when the fish are going crazy , i try to remain calm and stick to my surface times.
Dieter
Dieter

Breath Hold : 4

Back to top Go down